Thursday 29 September 2011

Well, Semester 1 is over and done with. We learned so much cool stuff, it was a struggle but so much fun. Yes, it is overwhelming at times, but luckily the course material is all so interesting.

The Semester 1 final project is basically to produce a CG picture of your choice. You can try to reproduce something you found or come up with your own concept. Of course it all needs to be approved, but it’s pretty wide open to whatever you want.

In a character design workshop with Zoe Evamy I decided to try creating a cartoony scene featuring a boogeyman with a sack full of children on his back. There is a hole in the sack and unbeknownst to the boogeyman, one of the children is escaping down a dark street. Thanks to all the help I had from instructors and classmates, I think it turned out pretty well. I don’t think it’s amazing, but I finished it on time and achieved the concept I was going for.

Here are some of the concept sketches and reference I used:





(this image grabbed from a Google Images search)


Here is my final image:



2 comments:

  1. Wow, and in one semester! That encourages me to be dedicated so I could learn that much that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon, if I can do it, anyone can! My classmates have done some amazing work, too.

    ReplyDelete